Automate Existing Gates
- Posted by:
- Adding automation
- Posted date:
Can I Automate Existing Gates?
If you have wondered: Can I automate existing gates?then this article should help you understand how you can benefit from adding automation to your driveway or garden gates.
Benefits of Automation
There are many benefits to automation, for example:
- Increased safety and security for you and your family or for your business.
- You have a lot of privacy, and you don't need to worry about anyone trespassing.
- The gates themselves are operated using electricity, so you don't need to open or close them yourself. This is useful for businesses and rainy days.
- Your insurance premiums will lower, as you are less likely to have a break-in.
- You can choose the design and make them look as professional and classy as you like. They add character to your home or business property.
Automating Existing Swing Gates
Is your home in need of an automated electric gate? Then, look no further! Here at Automation and Security, we provide an excellent automation service for your existing swing gate.
Automating existing gates is lower in cost than completely replacing and installing brand new gates. We will need to do a survey first to check the gates and ensure they can be automated. This may also include the ground the gate lies on.
Automating Sliding Gates
Here at Automation and Security, we can also automate your existing sliding gate at an affordable cost. We understand how important it is to feel safe and secure in your home for you and all other members of your household.
This why we take our customers needs and requirements seriously and provide the best service we can. Please get in touch with us today, and we will discuss your requirements, and give you any advice you need.
Why use an Experienced Gate Installer?
It is essential to use a professional, experienced and qualified gate installer to automate your existing gates. This is because the gate itself must meet a number of health and safety regulations, which professionals have been trained in.
They also have the correct automation equipment to carry out the entire process, from the survey to the installation and maintenance. You may encounter problems with your gate in the future if professional services aren't used, which will mean high-cost repair bills.
How can People Access my Property if I'm Away?
If you are questioning how visitors such as the postman or delivery vans will get access, there are a couple of options:
- Fit a keypad: Passcodes are used to gain access to the property, as the code will open up the gate. This code can be offered to other individuals that want to gain access to the property.
- Install a 'push to open' switch outside your gate: By utilising a timer, you could restrict times when this will function. You can out a 'push to open' button on the inside of your gate to ensure that delivery people can exit your property.
- Mobile Phone: You can also press a button on your phone to open up the gate and give access to your site visitors.
- Post Box: You could place a post box with a lock on your gate, this way any deliveries or post will be able to go in there, without the need to give anyone your code, or for anyone to enter your property.
- Make use of a transmitter: This is a remote that you can press to unlock and relock your gates back up for when deliveries need to be made.
- Fit an Intercom: Use an intercom to open up the gate either from an intercom or a mobile device. An intercom with a keypad will additionally supply the option to utilise to gain access to the code to go into the residential property.
We will discuss your safety and security and access needs and consider your budgets. It's our job to advise you of the safety needs for your brand-new system.
Secure Automation has many years of experience in the automated gate industry. We use the best automation equipment, and our engineers work hard to provide a high-quality service, as we want the best for our customers.
If you would like to find out more information, please contact us today. To get in touch, you can either call us or send us an email, and a member of our team will always be happy to help and give you any advice you need.
We utilise only excellent quality, reputable automation devices. These are the approved installers of the country's most highly regarded suppliers.
Although a little bit more expensive, a wonderful alternative is to fit a GSM intercom. This would call through to your mobile phone, so you can always answer the gate where ever before you are as long as you have your phone with you.
We provide a vast array of systems to do this. Manual gates tend to be open for extended periods. This is to avoid the effort of physically pulling them from side to side.
Automated gates work more often with the closed-to-open-to-closed cycle. Our surveyor will appraise your gates and pillars to ensure they are appropriate and offer any type of suggestions if needed.
We will carry out a complimentary survey to evaluate your current gate system. First of all, we will keep in mind your driveway, any slope and the range from the road and from a power supply.
We will then check that your existing piers and posts are strong enough to endure the constant pressures used by the proposed operators. They look for any 'possible wind loading' which might negatively influence the procedure of gates as this will be putting extreme strain on the piers and posts.
We could suggest reconstructing rock or block piers with appropriate steel reinforcement. You may also install brand-new steel or wood blog posts between or behind your existing piers.
Find out more about our automated gate installation by following the link below.